- 1/2 cup plain, gluten-free almond milk
- 2 teaspoons almond butter or sunflower seed butter (favorite is Trader Joe’s sunflower seed butter)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax-seed
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen non-citrus fruit (cherries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, pears or bananas)
- ice (made from filtered water), if desired
- 2-4 ounces filtered water to desired consistency
- 1 teaspoon 100% organic, raw Peruvian maca powder (optional)
Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until the consistency is the way you like it. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
NOTE: Use the flax seeds in up to two shakes a day, no more.