- Relaxes the nervous system, lowers inflammation and lowers cortisol, which promotes weight-loss.
- Enhanced sleep through the effects of the hot bath and magnesium in the epsom salts.
- Alkalinization of your body which promotes an ideal pH for healing, detoxification, and optimal cellular function.
- Increased circulation, lowers blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Increased sweating and elmination of toxins.
2 cups epsom salts
1 cup baking soda
10 drops of lavender oil
Add ingredients to bath water as hot as you can tolerate.
Take a 20-minute UltraBath just before bed every night. Doing this removes toxins from your body.
For extra-powerful detoxification wrap yourself in towels immediately after the bath, get in bed under the covers and sweat more for 20 minutes, then remove towels and go to sleep.
You can also take a sauna or steam-bath for up to 30 minutes per day if it’s available to you.
by Mark Hyman, M.D.