I recently discovered coconut oil and how it is really good for your hair and skin. Virgin unrefined coconut oil is useful in the treatment of virus, fungi and bacteria, all of which can cause acne and skin problems. Virgin unrefined coconut oil is better than most expensive commercial moisturizer and hair conditioners in the market, because it does not only soften rough skin, it is also loaded with antioxidants that help repair skin damage and strengthen skin tissues therefore preventing wrinkles.
Click here for Coconut Oil Recipes.
Benefits of using Coconut Oil:
- Virgin unrefined coconut oil is useful in fighting free-radicals as it is unrefined and hasn’t been stripped of any of its important nutrients.
- Virgin unrefined coconut oil helps prevent liver spots or brown spots. Liver spots is one of the classic sign of old age, it is cause by free-radical deterioration of the lipids (fats) in our skin over exposure to sunlight. The oil absorbed into the skin help limit or minimize damaged caused by excessive sun exposure.
- Virgin unrefined coconut oil will not only bring temporary relief to stressed skin but it may also help in healing and repairing skin.
- Virgin unrefined coconut oil help in removing the dead skin cells, to reveal a younger and smoother skin.
- Virgin unrefined coconut oil is a deep penetrating food for the skin that can help strengthen connective tissues, so that skin doesn’t sag and wrinkle.
- Applying the coconut oil as a pre-wash conditioner can help remove dandruff better that a medicated shampoo.
- Antiseptic fatty acids in coconut oil help to prevent fungal and bacterial infections in the skin when it is consumed and to some extent, when it is applied directly to the skin.
- Continuous use of Virgin Coconut oil on the skin can help cure some skin problem such as; Psoriasis, eczema, dandruff, acne, etc.
Before using coconut oil make sure you aren’t allergic or sensitive to it. Test a patch of skin before applying coconut oil to the entire face. Place a drop of coconut oil in the palm of your hands, then warm it by gently holding your hands together. Rub the oil on a delicate skin area, such as inside the forearm or on the neck. If you experience a rash or itching.